A group of 11 companies partnered to form a new alliance called Hydrogen Forward, which would advance hydrogen development in the US.
The founding members are:
- Air Liquide: French multinational company which supplies industrial gases and services to various industries including medical, chemical and electronic manufacturers.
- Anglo American: British multinational mining and a leading producer of platinum group metals.
- Bloom Energy: US company manufactures and markets solid oxide fuel cells that produce electricity on-site.
- CF Industries: North American manufacturer and distributor of agricultural fertilisers.
- Chart Industries: US company manufactures cryogenic equipment used in the production, storage and distribution of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and industrial gases.
- Cummins Inc: American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products.
- Hyundai: South Korean multinational automaker, and producer of fuel cell cars.
- Linde: American-Anglo-German multinational chemical company.
- McDermott: US multinational engineering, procurement, construction and installation company
- Shell: British-Dutch multinational oil and gas company.
- Toyota: Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer.
Hydrogen Forward members have a presence from across the hydrogen value chain, which will ensure hydrogen is a part of the energy transition. The platform will work to promote the environmental and economic benefits of hydrogen technologies. One of the aims will be to highlight hydrogen importance across the US key stakeholders and policymakers to gain support for developing hydrogen infrastructure across the country.
At Air Liquide, we have always worked to provide solutions and technologies that meet today’s needs while also addressing the challenges of the future. Michael Graff, chairman and CEO American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc. and executive vice president, Air Liquide Group.
Anglo American is pleased to be partnering with Hydrogen Forward in this drive to promote hydrogen as a clean, reliable and transformative energy solution and a key enabler in the global effort towards a low-carbon future. Natascha Viljoen, CEO of Anglo American Platinum
We must embrace hydrogen if we are to meet our ambitious decarbonization goals. KR Sridhar, founder, chairman, and CEO of Bloom Energy.
The world needs clean energy and we believe green hydrogen and ammonia will be critical to meeting this need. Tony Will, president and CEO of CF Industries.
Chart Industries has been producing hydrogen-related equipment for over 50 years, and we are continuing to discover its many applications as a safe, reliable and versatile fuel. Jillian Evanko, president and CEO of Chart Industries
There has never been a better time for governments and businesses around the world to invest in hydrogen technologies and infrastructure. As our society recovers from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a unique opportunity to rebuild our economy by investing in hydrogen solutions to drive economic growth, create jobs, and shape the future of energy and transportation. Tom Linebarger, chairman and CEO of Cummins Inc.
In the advent of a clean transportation revolution, hydrogen fuel cell technologies are driving a modern era that prioritizes innovation, human progress and sustainability. Jose Munoz, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor North America
As we work towards achieving a carbon-neutral future, the United States has the opportunity to help decarbonize large sectors of the global supply chain while stimulating the U.S. economy by investing in hydrogen. Steve Angel, CEO of Linde
McDermott and our partners at Hydrogen Forward recognize the need to reduce emissions and we are committed to delivering the building blocks of the energy transition. David Dickson, president and CEO of McDermott
From heating our homes, towns and businesses to powering our cars, trucks and buses, hydrogen technologies have the potential to transform our everyday lives. Doug Murtha, Group Vice President, Toyota Motor North America