Fukuyama Transporting to promote hydrogen-powered trucks
Fukuyama Transporting participates in the construction and social implementation of an energy management system to promote green logistics.
Fukuyama Transportation Co., Ltd. is working on the construction and social implementation of an energy management system to be launched in December 2022 to promote green logistics as set out in its medium-term management plan ‘Challenge, Change 2023’.
Regarding the National Research and Development Corporation, the New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) has publicly invited applications for the ‘Green Innovation Fund Project/Building a Smart Mobility Society’, Fukuyama Transporting joined a consortium led by Commercial Japan Partnership Technologies, which applied for and was accepted.
In addition to introducing carbon-neutral vehicles, this social implementation will accelerate efforts to realize a decarbonized society through the development of an energy management system integrated with the operation management of commercial vehicles.
Details of social implementation
- January 2023 – end of 2029 (planned)
- Introduction of carbon neutral vehicles
- FC light-duty trucks
- BEV light-duty trucks
- FC heavy-duty trucks
- Overview of energy management systems
- Reduction of lost time due to avoidance of hydrogen station congestion and travel time to and from hydrogen stations.
- Optimum operation planning considering hydrogen refuelling.