Air Liquide to modernise Kazak hydrogen plant

Munay Tech Gases (ALMTG), a partially owned subsidiary of Air Liquide, will acquire hydrogen and nitrogen production units from Atyrau refinery, owned by KazMunayGas. ALMTG will spend € 86 million (US$ 104 million) on the takeover and modernisation of the units.

The units produce around 200 million Nm3 of hydrogen and nearly 50 million Nm3 of nitrogen for different production processes, including desulphurisation of fuels. ALMTG will continue to operate both units and are committed to supplying industrial gases to the Atyrau refinery under the long term agreement.

Founded in 2016, Air Liquide owns a 75% stake in ALMTG, while KazMunayGaz (KMG) owns the remaining 25%. The company is headquartered in Nur-Sultan, Kazakistan.

Francois Jackow, Executive Vice-President and a member of the Executive Committee supervising Europe Industries activities, said that with this investment to increase energy efficiency and provide reliable supply, we will contribute to the modernisation and development of the country’s industry

Jay Faris

Jay is the special correspondent covering the hydrogen market for H2 Bulletin. Click on the email icon to send me an email or follow me on social media. I am reachable on Phone: +44 (0) 208 123 7812
Back to top button
X